To say that drywall is one of the go-to building materials across the United States would be putting it mildly. We all walk past miles of the stuff on any given day! It’s in our homes, our workplaces, and most stores we enter.
And yet, few Americans know how drywall is made or how to properly install or repair it. To give you a better understanding of drywall and how to keep it in good condition, we prepared a brief guide on what drywall is and what to look for when hiring drywall contractors in Fort Collins. Read on to learn more.
What is the purpose of drywall?
Also known as gypsum wallboard, custard board, sheetrock, buster board, wallboard, gypsum panel, and plasterboard, drywall is a construction material that’s commonly used to finish building interiors. It’s also used to make various design features such as arches, eaves, and other architectural elements.
The advantages of drywall include:
- It’s faster and less difficult to install than other materials.
- It’s very durable and doesn’t require complex repairs when damaged.
- It’s one of the most cost effective materials today.
- It provides a good seal against dust, outside air, vermin, and insects.
- 3/8 inch drywall has passive fire resistance.
Why hire a drywall contractor?
Despite being easier to work with than many other construction materials, drywall installation still requires specialized skills and equipment to be done correctly. You have to know how to measure and cut drywall properly, and you need one or more people to hold up the drywall for you so you can pin it to the framing, and that’s just the easy part.
Taping, mudding, and sanding the seams is where most DIY-ers make costly and time-consuming mistakes. Applying the correct amount of mud, letting it dry properly, and then sanding it to achieve the right finish isn’t something that can be learned over the internet.
For the above reasons, the only times you should attempt a DIY drywall installation is if you have a background as a drywall installer. If that’s not the case, you should always let the professionals replace your drywall.
How to hire a good drywall contractor?
Having the right professionals on your side is crucial for the success of any home improvement project. Luckily, you can tell whether a company is legit by looking for a few key traits that set it apart from its competition.
These traits include:
- They always strive to provide their clients with as much value as possible.
- They go out of their way to only hire highly trained and experienced technicians.
- They carefully vet their workers to ensure your satisfaction and peace of mind.
- They routinely create personalized solutions.
- They use a fair and transparent pricing system with no hidden fees.
- They give you a quote on the spot and can start working right away.
- They offer a wide range of handyman services aside from drywall installation and repair.
- They provide a comprehensive customer service.
Where can I hire reliable drywall contractors in Fort Collins?
Your home improvement project is too important to be entrusted to an inexperienced or “budget” contractor. Here at Handyman Connection of Fort Collins, we offer an extensive range of handyman services, including drywall installation and repair, door replacement, custom shelving, plumbing, electrical, painting, deck building, home maintenance, and more.Our technicians will expertly deal with your home improvement needs while you take care of your other obligations or enjoy an outdoorsy afternoon at the Horsetooth Reservoir with your friends and family. Get in touch with us today!