Drywall is an extremely popular material, and it’s easy to see why. It’s lightweight, affordable, and isn’t as hard to install or repair as other materials. However, it’s quite prone to scratches, cracks, holes, dents, and water damage, and it’s sometimes necessary to cut out parts of it to access your home’s insulation or electrical wiring.
As a homeowner, knowing when to call in a drywall repair company in Fort Collins to fix or replace damaged plasterboard surfaces is crucial in order to protect your investment and keep your property looking its best.
In the following article, we’ll help you determine whether drywall replacement or repair is right for you by answering some common questions about drywall damage and how to deal with it. Keep reading to learn more.
Is it better to repair or replace drywall?
Consider the following:
- Dents can be easily repaired as long as they aren’t too large. However, if your drywall has large dents, it may be more cost-effective to replace the dented section.
- Cracks occur when a drywall’s structural integrity has been compromised. This can happen as a result of age, mold, humidity, temperature changes, physical impact, and more. Cracked drywall should generally be replaced.
- Peeling drywall. If paint is peeling off of your drywall, or if the drywall is peeling from the inside, that’s probably caused by high humidity, insufficient insulation, paint that’s at the end of its service life, and other problems. Replacing that section of drywall will probably be necessary.
- Joint problems occur with age or due to improper installation. Visible holes and cracks at the joints are a major cause for concern. Your best course of action is to have a professional evaluate your drywall and provide recommendations on how to proceed.
- Punch holes can usually be fixed by a trained professional. However, if the hole is very large, it may be cheaper and easier to replace an entire section of drywall.
- Water damage causes the internal structure of drywall to rot and weaken. Because of this, you’ll almost always have to replace drywall that has suffered water damage, as well as address the underlying causes to prevent this problem from recurring.
- Mold is a sign of severe problems such as roof leaks, prolonged water damage, broken or improperly installed water pipes, cracks, and more. For this reason, it’s generally recommended to replace moldy drywall.
How do you repair damaged surface drywall?
There are no two ways about it: unless you have training and experience in drywall installation and repair, you should outsource this task to a trusted drywall repair company. Attempting DIY repairs will at best result in a shoddy repair job, and at worst may lead to additional damages and even personal injury.
By outsourcing this task to the experts, you’ll not only be ensuring your drywall is repaired or replaced by seasoned professionals, you’ll also be freeing yourself up to do other things, such as pick your kids up from the Fort Collins High School or simply kick back in the comfort of your home.
Where can I find a dependable drywall repair company in Fort Collins?
Are you in need of a reputable team of experienced technicians who can assist you with the full range of home improvement services, including drywall, plumbing, electrical, shelving, painting, and more? If so, look no further than Handyman Connection of Fort Collins.
As the leading handyman service provider in the area, we are superbly equipped to meet all your home improvement and maintenance needs. Reach out to us today.